The Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) is a National Examinations body approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in December 2013. It was formally established in April 2014 by a consortium of ten (10) partnering universities led by the University of Lagos.
WHAT IS JUPEB
Joint University Preliminary Examination Board JUPEB is a board task with the responsibility of moderating standard a’ level JUPEB examinations that can be used to secure Direct admission into various University in the country and Partnering Foreign University.
BRIEF HISTORY OF JUPEB
JUEPB was established by a group of ten (10) Universities headed by the University of Lagos. The board was approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in Dec 2013, but was formally setup in April, 2014. JUPEB is certified by the Nigerian university commission (NUC) as a standard examination that qualifies student to 200level admission through JAMB Direct Entry into Nigerian Universities and Foreign Universities.
WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT JUPEB
Thousands of applicants register for JUPEB every year, and about 80% of them gain admission into 200L in their preferred university through JUPEB. It was set up so as to cater for candidates who couldn’t gain admission into their preferred institution for one reason or the other or for those who need another alternative to University admission as the programme only requires your O’ level Result (Awaiting Result Candidates Can Also Apply)
HOW JUPEB WORKS?
Prospective applicants will be required to select 3 advanced level subject combination Click Here for Subject Combination and Related Courses
The prospective candidates would receive lectures at their respective accredited study centers over a period of 9 to 10 months after which they will sit for their final examination which will last for about 2 to 3 weeks.
JUPEB certificate is recognized and accepted to more than 70% of Nigeria’s Federal, State and Private Universities. Prospective JUPEB candidates can also check the JAMB brochure to check JUPEB’s legibility or you can go to JUPEB’S Official Website to know more.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE JUPEB
- JUPEB Certificate does not expire hence in can be used repeated for securing direct entry admission into any University of your choice.
- JAMB’S UTME is NOT a REQUIREMENT for registration, so your UTME score does not hinder you from registering for JUPEB.
- You have a higher chance of gaining admission into the University as the population of candidates pressing for direct entry admission is low.
- Fees can be paid in two to three installments.
UNIVERSITIES THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THE ESTABLISHMENT OF JUPEB
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abueokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Akoka – Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo, Uyo
JUPEB is tasked with the responsibility of conducting standard examinations for candidates who have undergone a minimum of one (1) year of tutoring in approved subject combinations and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into Nigerian and partnering foreign tertiary institutions.
For more information about running your JUPEB programme with Climax Advanced Studies check out our Application page.